Sampling of Projects
- Provided a risk assessment of a Hydrogen Fueling Station proposed design, operations, and maintenance to identify any potential codes & standards issues and to evaluate the risk mitigations incorporated for the department’s jurisdictional approval.
- Conducted a risk assessment of the design for a new laboratory at NIST that is dedicated to researching the effects of Hydrogen on materials as well as provided a customized Hydrogen Safety Seminar to the National Labs’ Safety Group.
- Provided a facility wide Hydrogen risk assessment for a major manufacturer of fiber optics, who uses Hydrogen as a process gas in several operations. We also participated in their subsequent HazOp Study.
- Evaluated the permit application for a hydrogen fueling station on behalf of a town’s planning board in terms of codes & standards compliance and inherent design safety considerations.
- Conducted a reliability study and technology due diligence review for the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection regarding the use of renewable energy technologies, including various fuel cell designs, for sites within Connecticut.
- Assessed the relevance of NY State and New York City codes to recommend changes that will eliminate hydrogen project impediments. This effort on behalf of NYSERDA through the Pace Energy Project was intended to streamline the codes and siting process so to speed the deployment of new technologies but not at the expense of compromising the public’s health and safety. The basis for the recommendations from this research were documented and broadly disseminated.